Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Showers spawn thoughts.

Or apparently just the thought of a shower. If I have more to say later, I'll amend this.

I realized as I was headed toward the shower that my longstanding belief that absolutes exist is one I ought to be willing to let go, too.

There's more to say, I've added the material below from my thoughts at work today.

Without faith, God can't exist. (Or be said to exist because He seems to.) But similarly, nothing can exist. Furthermore, nothing does exist that can be verified; all science verifies is our experience, or rather, what our measuring instruments experience. And yet, here we are. I want to hide, but wherever I go, there I am.

Nothing exists, but a lot of things seem to; we can choose how we interpret the things that we seem to feel and think.

And, what if we're wrong? So what? There's no right answer because there's nothing!

8 comments:

isaiah said...

I'm writing a song presently about "what if we're wrong?"

What does it mean to be wrong?

Oh- my head hurts!

z said...

It's funny for the past few hours I've been thinking a lot of the same things. It's a little crazy. I need some time to think... Maybe I'll go take a shower. They're supposedly good for that sort of thing :)

anonymous julie said...

Isaiah, I could hug you. My head hurts, too. Hope to see the lyrics. :)

To be wrong, it seems that something has to be right, even if that something is an unknown.

Bob said...

The mind works in dualities e.g. right and wrong. The mind cannot grasp absolute truth.
God is beyond duality. Only our hearts can understand God.

Trev Diesel said...

"Nothing exists..." just blinking particles and waves - some of it just faster than others so that it confuses our senses to think it is solid (like the blades of a fan)! Now THAT's something !

jbmoore said...

Nothing to grasp, nothing to understand. Therefore, there can be no right answer. Does that mean there are infinite wrong answers? Using logic to explain the illogical - is that the proper use of logic? You feel something. You are going through some sort of conscious experience. Therefore, it must be something rather than nothing. You are a human being, a matrix of animated, conscious energy. That is something as well. Sooner or later, you'll find the "right" answer even if you can't understand it. Or am I guilty of applying logic to the illogical? Or, did I frame the problem better (or worse)?

John

CE said...

Julie,
I believe in You. Like I believe in myself. And I believe in the unknown god.
I believe in everything. I just don't believe in anything that defines or limits God. I don't believe in a Jewish, Christian, or Moslem God. I believe in God.

Jim said...

You are the matter that you think you see separate from yourself. Your hands reach into yourself and manipulate your senses, a loop. You are Everything, You are Something, You are what is Real. And You know yourself and you should believe yourself. Faith is you Authority to Believe yourself. IMEMINE has convinced me that Faith, Sex, and Authority is Us. These three words have a single root in the oldest language in the world and some others. That should be proof enough. My opinion, also there is no such thing as an Athiest.