Wednesday, September 13, 2006

rainy afternoon intimacy, or, zero 7, distractions, simple things, or, a day at work

a couple hours of wonderfully relaxed music
finished with a song that we both love.
the silence at the end, deafening,
perfect,
peace,
depth,
stillness.

after long minutes,
he picks the next album.
so unexpectedly tender, so gorgeous,
not filling the silence but filled with it,
fitting, perfect,
i find myself nearly in tears.
and when some songs later he starts quietly singing along,
a phrase here and there,
i close my eyes and and breathe deep,
holding back tears, filled with emotion, for an unexpected moment so strangely perfect.

9 comments:

jbmoore said...

Aye! Music does that! :) Brings the real you to the forefront. What a wonderful experience. Hold it while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

Music plays the tone of your soul, don't know who said that, maybe I've just invented it. But it's so true. No other emotion can be expressed as clearly as by music.

No coincidence, my favorite song ever is Liebestraum by Franz Liszt.

Anonymous said...

Lovely experience....music truly does touch the soul.

Andrew said...

Is it wrong to want to hold on to moments like that and never let them go?

Jim said...

I guess you are on vacation? I have been enjoying your latest posts. Thanks.

anonymous julie said...

There is something about music; Jbmoore, Bert, Barbara, thank you.

Andrew, thank you, so much. The moment has always been, and, though surfacing for an afternoon, is never far, in truth, though appearances decieve. But it hasn't seemed so far, lately, either, and that helps, a lot.

Travis, I really liked your comment, your reaction. Thank you!

Jim, nope, read the title again. And thank you.

isaiah said...

I love this, Julie-

Sensuous, a play between two with music for unspoken lines.

Music carries us further into that perfect place.

Jim said...

Sorry, I don't pay much attention to titles, just dive right in and try to swim. I often drown. But I enjoy the reading. Thanks.

anonymous julie said...

Isaiah, I'm glad. :)