Thursday, February 08, 2007

But, now what?

Most of you probably know I'm an architect. Few of you know that I am one of two people in my firm and that I'm a contract employee. Well, work's been slow for long enough that my boss suggested I start looking around - because if more doesn't come in, he can't afford to keep paying me. Saw this coming a couple of weeks ago.

I'm at a point in my career where I'm very employable, so I'll be able to find work. It would be nice if it was enjoyable work. The big question for the moment is, do I stay at the current place part-time and work for somebody else part-time? Or do I go for a full-time job with, oh, paid vacation, sick days, health insurance, and better base pay?

So it's time once again to update my resume and start interviewing. At least I know what I like and what I want out of a new job. The question is, where will I find it?

This has been an update from Julie's Real Life.

6 comments:

Trevor Harden said...

Blessings/GoodLuck/Whathaveyou on your decisions and/or search. Hope the right thing comes unfolding right before you...

isaiah said...

Perhaps it will find you as you explore the market?

Affirming with you that your heart's desires will be realized.

Peace-

Andrew said...

J,

Well, if you know what you like and what you want out of a job, you're, hmm, at least two steps ahead of me.

Are you thinking of traveling at all? Or staying put?

Good luck, and all that, but also peace in the uncertainty.

jbmoore said...

You'll be fine. You seem to be centered or balanced, or leading a charmed existence. What will be will be. Good fortune and best wishes.

John

Bob said...

Good luck in your efforts.

Anonymous said...

good luck with whatever you chose to do, Julie. I for one choose to quit my job to go back to study and you and me share the same age, so it's never too late to change that what you considered for granted!