Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Answer

What we are looking for is what is looking.
- St. Francis of Assisi

That which you are seeking is causing you to seek.
- Cheri Huber


These Peace Quotes from earlier in the week remind me of comments by Matt Long in the master class I took the-week-before-last. He said that when we asked a question, when we found the answer we'd find that the answer was in asking of the question, that the question is the answer. St. Francis' words also remind me of Adyashanti.

The master class was wonderful. Getting up in the morning and working in clay all day was wonderful. I began some really good work, garnered serious praise from Matt, enjoyed and cared about what I was making. It's kind of hard to hang on to all that, or even remember what happened, after being plunged back into everyday work, where my best, most energetic, and most productive hours are taken by architecture, can't be preserved for clay, where I'd really like to use them.

Off the mountaintop and back into the valley, I guess. But I can't help but notice that I was happier that week than in the surrounding ones.

9 comments:

Jon said...

Very cool. The divine mind really does permeate all and it's wisdom is spoken everywhere.

anonymous julie said...

Whoa. Peoplr still read my blog.

z said...

Yes people still read your blog. I'm shocked people still read mine. I just haven't had anything formulate into 'writeableness' lately. There's stuff going on in my head, but there's never time to write it down. I'll post soon.

Sounds like a great class. I like the quotes.

Jim said...

Master class? Elementary my dear Anon.

The future is the cause of the present, the past proves it.

V said...

The intelligence and the awareness of it.

V said...

I always check your blog everyday if you have anything new to say. It takes one click to do it.

Jim said...

Uriah Heep Huh?

People do read your blog.

Jim said...

Oh, BTW, the physical and the Spiritual are intertwinned in an unbreakable embrace.

V said...

Yes, Jim. The 'umble Uriah Heep. They survived the 70's, 80's, 90's and end of the century. They sound even better now. They played a number of their new songs. Nice dance music. With lots of booze. And they're all looking good. Not debauched. You should check out their latest album Wake the Sleeper. And Sweet Freedom.