Monday, October 13, 2008

Small Lessons

I wrote this four months and a week ago, found it again, thought it worth sharing, maybe only for my benefit:

I had to copy a handful of comments, by hand, from the master submittal markup (it was a door submittal, which is the most detailed and complicated submittal that most projects will have) onto five more copies. It would take a couple of hours. Instead of being impatient to finish, I decided to enjoy doing the lettering by hand. And I did, and had a most pleasant afternoon.

Was tempted to respond to my PM's criticism with sarcasm, realized it would do a lot of harm and in the end, no good. So on several occasions in the next few days, I managed to not even spend time thinking of a good comment (that I could then keep to myself). Surely that was better for all involved.

No comments: