Sunday, November 02, 2008

Loving life. Sa da tay!

Sometimes the ordinary is lovely.

I'm loving life.

Right now I'm watching "Pootie Tang," at the recommendation of two friends. (They may be less dear in a couple of hours, but we're just getting into the movie.) Eating mint chocolate chip ice cream from the land of 31 flavors - the chocolate is shaved into the ice cream - with hot fudge.

Just had dinner with the roommate; burger and a couple beers, watched the last half of the Colts-Pats game. I haven't watched television, much less a football game, in ages. It was a pleasure to relax, to sit back and purposelessly enjoy myself. Couldn't say when the last time was that I was purposeless. That was the thing I enjoyed most.

The weather's fine, damn fine. It's 10 or 15 degrees cooler by the lake - I got 20 miles in today, as well as hitting REI, having my heart stolen by a Prana zip-up hoodie when I was just looking for goggles. I need a new amazing fleece-lined wool hat, too, but didn't find one there.

Last night, went to a halloween party, as a Moon Monster Best time I've ever had at a party. Possibly the first I've gone to solo and as an adult. Given that I'm an introvert and usually don't enjoy situations with strangers, that's noteworthy. Remarkable. I also had a five-minute lesson in poi spinning... though with weighted socks. Which was fun. I got the butterfly okay but had a hard time with a two-beat weave. (Can you tell that this intrigues me?)

The week's been weird as hell. Good to find some grounding at the end of it. (This was in the form of connecting with a friend; I was feeling really shaky and he was still exhausted from a late night the previous evening, but I experienced it as a softness and quietness, which helped me to get better settled.) Hard to believe that yet another one's gone.

No comments: