Saturday, December 27, 2008

Told as a Story


So I walk away from this bewildered that I am not dead, and bummed that while I hung onto the car for awhile that I didn't get it back under control. Thankful, of course, to be alive, but bewildered, too. It has the chance to become one of those "don't f*** up your second chance" incidents, but probably won't, for which I am quite sorry. I hope, too, that you'll forgive me for admittedly drinking to excess (and having a couple of cigarettes) on Wednesday, once I'd gotten the essentials out of the way - followup on the crash and the last couple of Christmas presents bought - to block out the looping that had started on the "I should be dead" thing, because really, that wasn't going to be good.
-Tales of Christmas

12 comments:

Paul said...

I'm glad you are well and able to tell the story!

jbmoore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonymous julie said...

Paul - as am I.

V said...

Julie, are you left-handed?

Drink but don't drive too hard.
Welcome back!

anonymous julie said...

John, kindly don't knowingly grace my comment section with your idiocy.

anonymous julie said...

And what the fuck is with the ill-founded belief that I would be stupid enough to drink and drive?

anonymous julie said...

Siegfried, I'm right-handed. Why?

Now I'm back (in Chicago). I was out of town visiting family. Thanks for the welcome. :)

jbmoore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...

I'm right-handed too. Just making a association, connection, or an observation.
Had a little mishap too last Monday. Luckily made it ...

greenfrog said...

aj,

glad to have you for a while yet.

isn't the miracle not the walking away from it, but the noticing it in the first place?

anonymous julie said...

siegfried - glad you're safe.

sean - i'm glad too. re miracles, tough to say - i could reasonably expect to notice the situation developing, but could not reasonably expect to walk away from what happened. unless the miracle is noticing that i'm still alive. but i don't get the sense that i really exist all that often. so probably not that.

Hayden said...

Julie, sorry I'm so far behind - came to catch up and WOA..... sigh.

life is a chancy thing. So glad you're all right.