Sunday, July 19, 2009

So a couple hours ago I answer the door. It's a police officer: someone hit my (parked) car.

Just sent my beautiful baby away on a tow truck. The impact moved her half a car length forward and put two wheels several feet onto someone's tree lawn.

On the plus side (?) I'll get a brand new rear bumper out of this. (Street parking is brutal on bumpers.) There will also be a new drivers side rear door, including window (yep, broken glass) and goodness knows what else.

To state the obvious: it's not fair. I love that car.


(from February)

2 comments:

Jon said...

Well, to the state the other part of the obvious, Rejoice! Your baby gets a complete makeover! Frimmin'!

anonymous julie said...

Jon - thanks really for looking on the bright side. She didn't *need* a makeover twenty four hours ago. The bumper wasn't even that bad yet.

On the plus side, there are a couple tiny cracks in the windshield and I need an oil change. When they call with the damage, I'll ask if they can do that while she's in the shop. I'm hoping the frame's okay.