Friday, September 04, 2009

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

more reflections on 27 to come. but, truly: it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. better times, i think, to come.

last day: a good sail with good friends. dinner. closed out the evening deep in "desert solitaire" by edward abbey, on loan from another dear friend, and listening to "dark side of the moon".

a good chapter to close, but not one to quickly forget.

first day: "dark side of the moon" followed by "dreams of the color blind" followed by some live "explosions in the sky"

and will end with an overnight sailboat race, including cocktails and cooking a hot dinner. (we're going to be casual about it.)

4 comments:

Paul said...

Have you read A. Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold? If you enjoy Desert Solitaire then you will probably enjoy Leopold.

Jon said...

Hey congratulations on 28, girl!

Hayden said...

Here's to a wonderful 28!

I remember my 20's as.... fraught. The ages I dreaded.... 30, 40, 50.... just marked times getting better.

Life gets better...or so it seems to me.

anonymous julie said...

Paul, I have not. But I will.

Jon, thank you!

Hayden, thank you, too. I'm hoping things improve and keep improving.