Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Things are moving.

So I was outside slacklining. Temps made it into the 50s today and now sit at 49; how could I not spend a couple of hours? The atmosphere out there... it was my own temple between those two trees, and could have been anywhere in the world. That fluid. Tangible.

This guy comes up and asks to watch me, we talk a little, he tries to stand up with the right idea, we talk more.

As it turns out... lots of things. A kindred spirit, [a fellow-traveller]. I percieved it, and the things he said confirmed my perceptions. [Notably mentioning the Lama Foundation; who mentions that to a stranger?]

We've met before. In this life. He was working on his car. I drove off, realized I should have asked if he was okay, circled around the block. He was fine. The car he was working on? None but the white Subaru Outback that I admire so much.

I think we could've stood there all night. He lives a couple buildings down. And hopes we'll meet and talk again. So do I, so do I.

1 comment:

Red Bark said...

Sounds like a spring thing. :)

Good luck!