Friday, March 03, 2006

Perhaps called "Anticipation".

I see a few drops flying by, every now and then;
the cleansing is coming.
Yesterday there were drops too, signs of things to come.
An hour later, a few of the drops are making contact;
I think today will be the day.
They come more quickly, now in more abundance.
Heavily in bigger clumps,
the anticipation builds.
More drops fly by in little deluges,
land, dampening, puddle where they fall.
Not long now!
Liquid falls as though dropped from buckets,
only moments remain.
Suddenly the sky darkens above,
the building rumbles a little,
and I feel it tremble.
At last it comes,
The window-washing rig.

3 comments:

natala said...

it's beautiful

Red Bark said...

Thanks for the reminder. I feel like I am being washed with a steel brush and boiling water right now.

I guess it will feel good to be clean.

ronjon said...

I was moving with the drops of blessing thing when I got hit by the window washing rig...funny. i like to be able to see out too though so maybe it is another kind of blessing dropping down