Monday, March 06, 2006

Several statements; no easy answers.

A friend asked, "So what if I'm one of those Lord-pervaded moving things in the moving world, how am I supposed to live?"

A few thoughts in response:

I'm one of these Lord-pervaded moving things in a moving world.

The One who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world.

The one that I did share at the time:
Dance lightly, hold loosely, drink deeply.

Full; filled to the full; fulfilled. Yes.

I think that the questions most worthwhile, must be lived out. It can't be thought through or worried by intellect; concerted effort at understanding mystery might only blind us more.

Yeshua said, "Whoever lives the interpretation of these words will no longer taste death." -Gospel of Thomas

3 comments:

Jon said...

Frimmin' at the jimjam!

jbmoore said...

We are all of the One. Everything around us is of the One. We are all part of a dynamic molecular dance at all levels from microscopic to macroscopic. This is the physical level. Consciousness encompasses everything from the rocks under our feet to our minds, and everything is changing and evolving and awakening. Consciousness is the sacredness and beauty of nature, and the beauty you create through thought on your drafting table and in your poetry, and the beauty you are just living and loving and touching others.Everything is part of a lovely symphony. Dying stars sing before they die. Who would have thought?

Paul said...

I think that the questions most worthwhile, must be lived out. It can't be thought through or worried by intellect; concerted effort at understanding mystery might only blind us more.

I really agree with that one.


I think the way you bumped into my blog was at comments on George Breed's blog. I was impressed by how you think.