Sunday, October 08, 2006

It's nice not to be alone.

Moreso, to be reminded of that. Even though "not alone" is just misleading shorthand.

"Beautiful are the feet..."

Since it's the latent that is the intended object of my writing, there's really not much to say, just as "it's blue" fails utterly to describe the sky. One of those days where somebody should be embraced just for existing.

One particularly striking comment this morning was recognizing a sort of polarity between unity and separation; with or from God, each other, ourselves. Loneliness was particularly mentioned as being reflective of division.

A friend and I conversed on and off all day via computer; several hours after a good discussion on the above, I threw out that I'm both wave and ocean (and everybody else is, too, though most don't realize it) and he then insisted upon being a cloud. Fine, I said, but you'll run out of rain and be ocean again. His (perfect!) response:
"Remember that rain and clouds are recycular (new word!) and that I'll become you and be through you, fill you up and return to what I was once again.

Well. It's good to be alive.

"And the pain makes you feel so alive. Do you know what you are?" -since it's related, quote for Tommy from the new Jars of Clay album.

"I have no fear of drowning; it's the breathing that's taking all this work. Do you know what I mean when I say I don't want to be alone?" -"Work," by Jars of Clay... just to complete the circle.

3 comments:

isaiah said...

"Remember that rain and clouds are recycular (new word!) and that I'll become you and be through you, fill you up and return to what I was once again."

Oh-yes... no time or space to be alone, is there?

Quote absorbed, I like Jars of Clay- will check it out.

It is nice to know I am not alone...remembering is the sacred act beyond forgetting: both complete the other.

It's all good-

Anonymous said...

"It is nice to know I am not alone...remembering is the sacred act beyond forgetting: both complete the other."

Therefore, maybe when that is realized it ceases to become an issue. Before that we are absorbed in experience.

anonymous julie said...

Isaiah - It's all good-

Yep, sure is!

Anonymous, yes, surely "alone" is a label, an expression, an observation that is outside of the experience itself...