Thursday, October 26, 2006

working title: Keep from Screaming

It's not really a song about today so much as being the thing I wrote while meditating on the day. Right now, I actually don't feel like screaming.

There's little here that I could say
of the right thing right time quietly,
and that was exactly what it needs to be.

Thanks for fending off my demons
for a little while I falter,
and finding me a moment's rest,
Hold me, hold them back.

I'm not the type to ask for help,
You know I will care for myself,
I'm fighting hard and don't mind if you know.

Thanks for being here with me,
and understanding quietly,
and letting this mess be okay.
Hold me, hold them back.

3 comments:

isaiah said...

yes...being that which soothes, hold back, fending off...yes, you are that, too.

...it is striking how you thank that which you have given yourself; an act not often performed. I remember somewhere, someone saying, "...thank you is enough."

To see you nurturing your being, surrendering into the arms of quiet understanding...letting this being whisper that the mess is OK...is touching. How we should all be so gentle with that we long to love and yet seldom acknowledge.

Very beautiful writing...a revealing glimpse into your heart- center...where all is exactly what it needs to be.

tao1776 said...

"understanding quietly" - The I Ching in Ta Kuo states,
Preponderance of the Great.
The ridgepole sags to the breaking point.
It furthers one to have somewhere to go.
Success.
Ridgepole -

The timber forming the ridge of a roof, into which the rafters are secured.
If the ridgepole breaks, the whole roof will collapse.
"Understanding quietly"
What strength, what value.
Success

anonymous julie said...

Thank you, both, for your encouragement...