Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Association

Found:

Where does one moment end and another begin? To me there are no such divisions. We attempt to freeze time but actually time is like flowing water. We say, "Here is the Mississippi River" or "here is the Atlantic Ocean." But the water pays no mind to our silly little divisions. It flows where it will and is always in a state of oneness. Time is the same. Any divisions are artificial devices, illusions. Just ask yourself, "When does one moment end and another begin?" What can possibly separate time from itself? - Nigel Thompson


And thought of this, which to my mind has the same sense as the above:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3 comments:

Larry Clayton said...

Julie, re Creative:
You might be interested in a book entitled The Source of Human Good by a Chicago naturalistic theologian of long ago name Henry N. Wieman. When we were little more than your age, (Ellie less), we came across this book; since then it has enormouusly formed our values.

I used to perceive my life as a search for meaning. Then I found it; since then creative endeavours have been what keeps me going.

Blessing.

V said...

Jesus was very divisive. His followers too. Like tree like fruit.

anonymous julie said...

Siegfried - true!

Larry, I'll try to check it out.