Thursday, November 09, 2006

For the moment - enough

This morning I arrive at the office feeling exceptionally cheerful. Perhaps it's the gorgeous weather - mid 60s, north breeze, clear and sunny - I'm fighting a strong urge to go get my bike and go for a 30mi ride - may I be excused for a couple hours? - or maybe how lovely it was to wake up this morning and lay in bed awhile before rising, or maybe that I got the best hot chocolate I have ever had and a scone from the city's best bakery - well, it was between the client's house and city hall! I feel like Scrooge, speculating what might be causing his midnight specters.

Causality doesn't matter, of course. Right at this moment (speaking for this moment and not necessarily for any other moment) I feel pretty stinking good. And I'm not feeling the urge to overanalyze, or, in the absense of immediate impetus for rumination, to pick up one of my usual favorite ways to trouble myself, like the question of the nature of existence.

For the moment, simply enjoying being is good enough.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Same sort of weather here. Just back from a hike. And you're right --just enjoying being is good enough.
Re: your comment on AD:

Anonymous Julie said...

What about agreeable circumstances?


Dan said...

See the previous day's post.

LOVE!

Trevor Harden said...

In a continuation of a refusal to overanalyze, I'll just say...

"Sweet!"

anonymous julie said...

Dan, aye, thank you.

Trev - indeed!

Paul said...

I hope you're still feeling good.

anonymous julie said...

me too, friend :) I'm glad you came by.